Sunday, April 12, 2009

Woofles and Meowz getting some print time!

Recently the fine folks over at the Province Newspaper did an article in the "money" section that covers small businesses. As most of my friends and customers were asking about it I thought I would show a link to it below.

http://www.theprovince.com/Life/Bakery+truly+project/1268606/story.html

Since this small article came out I have noticed a huge boost in our already large sales of organic treats and I got some very valuable feedback to what people are looking for in fresh made items.
One of the things that I was reluctant to make was Birthday cakes for dogs as the ingredients used were usually either second rate or simply ones that people could do up in their own kitchen(like the popular use of mashed potato for icing) for much less money that is being charged at other locals.
Now, I understand the benefit of time saved being money saved as well so I have decided to add to our line-up of hand made organic treats...a "BIG BONE BIRTHDAY COOKIE".
This is an item that we will be able to personalize with a half hours notice (we prefer a call the day b4) to say Happy Birthday Fido or something like this.
The cool thing about this item is the lack of mess and the ability to dole out only parts of it as needed and it will be much better priced.
Fresh, storeable, great ingredients, organic, and totally yummy!
One more item for the part of us that is the Woofles and Meowz dog bakery now I just have to figure out how to make a delish sardine roll for the cats!


http://www.theprovince.com/Life/Bakery+truly+project/1268606/story.html

No comments: