Monday, October 6, 2008

Tainted Dog Food.

Many people have been asking me about the possibility of tainted dog food coming back on the market especially with the Melamine scare in processed milk items from China and distributed products using such milk.
I always go back to the rule of thumb that "if you'd eat it then you can feed it to your dog...however SHOULD you is another story".
This means that if you would not eat it then nor should your dog..ingredient wise. If you shouldn't be eating it but you do anyway...then your dog should not be eating it too.
I only carry here at Woofles and Meowz food products that are either locally made or manufactured in Canada or the USA. I only carry food items that have ingredients that I can readily identify.
Right now..if it is from China..I just don't carry it...no apologies made here as the proof is in the pudding as the Brits would say...tainted pet products and tainted food products destined for child consumption. It doesn't take a detective to deduce the problems.
Keep to local and always...always add a variety of fresh food to any reputable dog food whether it be kibble or raw based.

No comments: