Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Halloween dog costumes

So THIS year I brought in a whole slew of costumes for Halloween for the pooches and a few items for the cats as well. Mostly for the cats I have collars that are festively adorned with tule cut in leaf and bat shapes and witches hats with or without scary hair attached...FUN!!
For the dogs I HAD to bring in the ever faithful "hotdog" costume which is nothing more than two soft buns that run the side of the dog's body with either a mustard or red "ketchup" along the back...tooooo funny.
Last year I thought "nahhhh nobody is wanting costumes for their dog and I may be stuck with them"....WRONG!!!! I was asked almost every hour from October 1st to the end of the month.
This month the shelves at Woofles and Meowz offer the Dinosaur...the skunk...the spider...the tuxedo and the cheerleader costumes.....plus a few other goodies.
I offer apologies to all cats who will be tormented mercilessly while Aunt Margerie tries to take the picture while they balance the witches hat on their furry head. OR
to the dogs who will be dragged through the neighborhood wearing a costume that will make even the most ferocious dog look like the skunk "Pepe LePew" from Warner Bros cartoon fame........TRICK OR TREAT!!!!

1 comment:

Kerry Gold said...

Hello! I write a blog for Yahoo! Canada about all things pets. I'd love to interview you about trendy Halloween costumes for pets this year, as well as do's and don'ts when dressing your pet.
I really like your blog post, btw.
Would you be up for that? Please email me at kergold@gmail.com if so.

Thanks!
kerry