Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cat harnesses and clothes....why bother?!?

At Woofles and Meowz we spend alot of time chatting with other trainers, handlers and owners of dogs but the only interaction I have with Cat owners is to listen to what they like in the way of treats, equipment and toys so I can order for my store. In fact all the stock in my store for Cats is requested by my regulars who have 100% say in what I bring in. It makes my job a wee bit easier.
The oft asked question I get on one piece of equipment for cats is.."will my cat wear this?"
I always respond half jokingly........"what do YOU think?"
This usually gets the answer most people were looking for as the REAL question in the query is "will my cat take off my skin if I try to cram him into this $60.00 sweater and can you tell me that he will wear it having never seen my cat so to support my intent to torment my feline into wearing something even for the 5 minutes it will take to get the picture"
.....pretty much the truth in that.
"what do YOU think" always settles the matter.
This also goes for people who want to put Fluffy in a harness and go for a walk. Some will find it ok and most will not. The trick for harnesses is to put them on when they are kittens. It always seems far too foreign for older cats.
Bless all the little kitties in their own furry sweaters.
meowwwrrrrwwrwrw!

No comments: